September 9th - The Work is Definitely Picking Up!

Hello to all!

Scripture of the week - D&C 128:19 
" Now what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? a voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things and that say unto Zion; Behold thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" 

I found this scripture while flipping through my quad the other day and I thought it explained how I am feeling lately perfectly. This gospel is such great news! We need to share it with everyone and we need to be happy about it and have fun doing it! Missionary work is also known as missionary fun! I love it so much and I am incredibly grateful to be out here! :)


Quote of the week 
"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be" 
-Albus Dumbledore 

This one is awesome because the only thing that defines us and makes us who we are, is our actions, our choices, our attitude and our beliefs! I am who I choose to be and allow myself to be. No one else can change me or make me into something I am not or don't want to be! :)


Miracles: 
I have like no time this week so I will be quick and elaborate more next week.  
1. Savannah, who used to be atheist, believes in God, Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon    and Joseph Smith.
2. Dustin came to church because we prayed for a solution to a problem and he said if Velcro was on the clearance aisle at Walmart, he would come to church. Velcro was at the clearance aisle the next day and it was such a miracle from God! 
3. Vicki is on date to be baptized on October 5th and we are so excited about it!

4. Sister Mitchell and I are learning the balance between work and focusing on our purpose as missionaries and having fun and allowing ourselves to de-stress and just relax!
I love and miss you all! I love my mission and everything that I have learned and gone through already! I can't wait to see what else lies in store! I know this gospel and this church is true! The Book of Mormon is the word of God and Jesus Christ is my personal savior and redeemer! I love everything about my life right now, even the challenges and I absolutely cannot wait for general conference! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you soon! :) :)
Love always and forever, Sister Britni Johnson! 

 Sister Murry- the relief society president who takes such
good care of us and is always teaching with us! I love her so much! :)

The sky again-absolutely gorgeous!
Add stick pull at our mission fun day today!

2. sister nilsen is the best ever!

corn hole
 
Sister Glaab's last night with all of us! :)


Chillin on Savannah's counter while waiting for dinner to cook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment