September 4th - I'm Staying in Madison Lake!

Hello all!
So we just got transfer calls and Sister Mitchell and I are staying in Madison Lake and Sister Glaab is being transferred. It came as a major shocker because I really thought I was going to be transferred but nope, apparently I still have something I need to do here in London and I still have stuff to learn from Sister Mitchell!

Scripture of the week
It isn't really a scripture but it's something we have to memorize and I love it so much! 

"I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation, I have been selected as the personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him; to stand in his place; to say and do what he himself would say and do if he persoanlly were ministering among the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine; for I am his agent. My commission is to do what he wants done, to say what he wants said, to be a living modern witness-in word and in deed-of the divinity of this great and marvelous latter-day work. And he that receiveth me, receiveth him, while he that rejecteth me, rejecteth him that sent me. How great is my calling!"-Elder Bruce R. McConkie

I love this so much because it is my calling and my commission. It is my duty and responsibility as a missionary and it gives me courage and power every time I read it!


Quote of the week 
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson. 

This quote is so true and gives us the motivation to realize that we can do anything. We are children of God and we have divine potential above anything we can even imagine!


Miracle of the week
-So I went on 3 exchanges this last week and I learned so much from each of them. I learned how to loosen up, love everyone around me, and have fun. I have not been myself for awhile because I am trying so hard to be perfect in every aspect. I have decided that it is more important for me to be me, Heavenly Father didn't call me to be someone else or something else. He called me to be me because that is enough and that is what I need to stick to.
-I also was invited to go to a special leadership meeting which was way cool and I learned so much. Those trainings are always so incredible and insightful because I learn so much but also overwhelming because there is so much to be done and to be learned.
This week's email is a little short because we don't have much time but I love and miss you all! Everything is great here in London, Ohio and I love everything about being a missionary.
Love always,
Sister Britni Johnson


 Best package ever! Sent by Derek and Shandice and I loved it so much!
It was incredible and made me so happy! Thanks so much for all you do! :)

 Heather Pickett- a less-active that we are working with to try 
and get her back to church. We just love her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment