September 23rd, 2013


Hello everyone!! I hope all is well! :)


Scripture of the week 
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15;4,13 

These verses personally give me so much comfort and hope. They testify that it is through reading the scriptures and patience that we find hope. Hope is such an important aspect in life because without it, we find no purpose in life or reason for anything. I have learned lately that hope is so much more that just wishing or wanting something, it is the quiet assurance that things will work out through God's promises to us. We find hope through the Atonement, scriptures, prayer, church, family, friends, the Holy Ghost, keeping our standards high and keeping a positive and optimistic attitude towards life and the future! 


Quote of the week 
"One sees clearly only with the heart, anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -Pres. Uchtdorf. 

It is so important to look at our brothers and sisters with the heart. Find love for them immediately and look for the desire to help them in any way possible. I am learning to look past the choices they have made, situation they are in, and what they look like on the outside. I find myself seeing children of God struggling to find happiness, peace, joy and a way out of the misery they have found themselves in. I am more than happy to be that hand to lift them up, that shining light in the darkness and the smiling face that brings them comfort! 


Miracle
Vicki is getting baptized this Saturday! This last week, we met with her and committed her to quitting smoking. She was to fast for 24 hours from cigarettes while Sister Mitchell and I were fasting 24 hours without food. We took her cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters with us and threw them away. We replace them with mints, cinnamon candies and other things to help stifle the urge to smoke. She went 3 days with only smoking 3 cigarettes which was so awesome!!! She hasn't had anything to smoke since Friday and she is on track to be baptized! I am so excited because she has a such a desire to find more peace and happiness and she is finding that in the gospel. 

She is learning and progressing so much and loves coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. It is so awesome because I don't think I have prayed so much for someone in such a short amount of time in my life but if is so worth it and I love seeing the miracles that Heavenly Father is blessing her with! She is finding new strength in herself that she has never felt before. She is taking her GED in 2 weeks and she will be able to have the Holy Ghost for that which is something she is super excited about! I love her and the choices she is making and I have been so blessed to be a part of her conversion!!!


Life is pretty good in general. Things are constantly up and down but we always find something to keep us strong and get us through. Sister Mitchell and I are learning to just loosen up and enjoy the work. We are having fun and able to treat those we teach more like people and less like robots. It is awesome and I am losing myself in this work! I love this gospel and this work! I know this church is true and this is the straight and narrow path back to our loving Heavenly Father and our Savior and brother Jesus Christ!!! :)
I love you all and hope everything is going great!! Until next week!

Love always, Sister Britni Johnson!!!!


The sky once again! 

My hair after getting caught out in a giant rainstorm!
petting a cat?

a frog just outside our apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment