September 19th, 2013 - Winter is Definitely Coming! :)

Hello everyone!!!

Scripture of the week - Helaman 10:4-5
"Blessed art thou Nephi (insert you name here!), for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingess declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thous hast not feared them, and thou hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea even that all things shall be done unto thee according to they word for thous shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will." 

This scripture helped me so much because here is a great prophet who was feeling a little down and discouraged and the Lord said to him that he is blessed. That he has done his part, worked as hard as he can and that is all that is asked of him. I took this to heart because I realized that as long as I am doing my best and fulfilling my calling, I will be blessed because of it. I just need to keep pushing forward, keep the faith and never give up no matter what happens or how hard it gets. I just love this scripture so much and the hope and peace that it brings to my heart! :)


Quote of the week 
"I am just striving to be more me than I have ever been." 

This quote pretty much sums up where I am at right now and what we need to do. All we are asked to do is be more than we ever have been. To be our best selves and share that with the world around us.



Miracles for the week
1. We just got back from the temple!!! I love the temple so much and I sure needed it! It can bring us so much peace and happiness and I am grateful for the chance that we had to go!!!

2. Vicki who is supposed to get baptized on October 5th is quitting smoking! She is going to get a blessing and try the vapor cigarette thing to help her stop. She is so strong and I know she can do it. I am so excited and I can't wait for her to be baptized and washed clean. She is amazing and I just love her so much!!!

3. We have been using an approved workout video and so Sister Mitchell and I have been losing a little bit of weight and trying to be healthier and more energetic. And it is definitely working! I have more energy and I love it! :) I also don't feel as guilty eating all the delicious dinners and desserts our members feed to us every night! :)


SO funny story.
On Sunday we were late to church because we had to go visit someone that we were worried about so we missed the sacrament. We go all through church and Sister Mitchell and I were so upset that we didn't get the sacrament. I have never realized how much I need it and how important it is to take it every week possible. So after church, we talked to the branch president and he got one of his counselors, the branch clerk and one of the young men that were still there to do the sacrament for us. 

They didn't have any bread left but someone had given us a loaf of pumpkin bread as a gift for helping out so we used the pumpkin bread for the sacrament. It was kinda different having just us and pumpkin bread but I was so grateful for the chance to take the sacrament. I need it every single week and I was glad it worked out that we could have it. It just gives me so much strength and peace of mind and I love it so much! I love Jesus Christ and all he did for me and I want to do my best to follow him, always remember him and be an example to those around me!!


I love this work and all the things I am learning!
I love and miss you all and can't wait to see you again soon, before we know it, I will be on my way home! :)))


Love always and forever!

Sister Britni Johnson! :)

Our good looking Zone! Lots of my favorite missionaries in this picture! :)

My favorite aisle in Kroger's!

 An authentic Amish buggy! :)

what can I say? I am obsessed with the sky!

a fun visual lesson we were trying out! I am standing on tiny paper cups!

The temple!!!!! 'Nuff said! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment