August 26th - One week left of the transfer!

Hello everyone! 
So it's that time again, next week is transfers so my next p-day will be next Wednesday. I am a little stressed because I get the feeling I am going to be transferred and I really love this area but I guess we will just have to see! :)
Quote of the week
"Let us be sure that those who come after us will say of us that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept the faith!" -Ronald Reagan

I love this quote because just motivates you to keep pushing and working as hard as you possibly can. To never give up and have no regrets. Leave a legacy that people can work with. I want future missionaries to come to areas that i serve and be grateful for the work that I did. To realize I did what I could at all times and to keep the standard. This quote is a call to action and I love it so  much! I am ready to fall into bed exhausted every night from trying so hard and doing all I can all day, every day! :)



Scripture of the Week
"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft and did wa stronger and stronger in their humility and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea even to the purifying and sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God!

This is the mission scripture for the year as well as a scripture we have to memorize. I love it because it goes to show how important it is to fast and pray all the time. We can't do this work on our own. We have involve Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ at all times ad every step of the way. If we involve them continuously, we will find success through them and be blessed for our efforts in moving this work forward! :)


Miracle of the week
We had a bit of a crazy week. We went on 2 exchanges, one where I went into a different area and swapped companions and another where other sisters came into our area and we all worked here. We had some great appointments and I am very excited about some of our investigators. We also got to pick corn twice for a Feed Ohio service project and I had lots of fun there too!

On Thursday we had a sister specialized training which is basically just a training for sisters. IT was in the mission home but it was a little packed because there are over 40 sisters in the mission now. IT was from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and it was the best thing ever. The spirit was so incredibly strong the entire time and I had so much personal revelation. I love trainings because they give you so many great ideas and get you pumped to do the work but at the same time they are a little overwhelming because you realize all the stuff you need to improve on and how much work you really have to do. It's a bit of a roller coaster but I love it so much! I also loved getting to see all the sisters that i have gotten to know really well and not having to deal with any awkward situations that always seem to arise when Elders are there too! :) And this training leads right into my miracle of the week.
On Friday morning, during weekly planning, we were brainstorming and trying to figure out what to do in certain lessons and how best to help some investigators. We also had all these things we wanted to work on that we had learned in the training the day before. All three of us were kind of blocked and we couldn't figure out what to do. Finally we just talked it all out. Everything we had been holding in for the last 4-5 weeks we discussed and talked through to the point where we realized we were all going through a lot of the same struggles but all of us were just sort of keeping them in. We were also struggling with having fun. I was trying to always lighten the mood and give us credit for the things we do well but it is hard when we try so hard to improve and push ourselves all the time. After we talked it out, we prayed a few times and realized that when you involve Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in their own work, that is when the inspiration comes and the Spirit leads us in the direction we should go. 

It is impossible to do this work without involving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and yet we seem to forget too frequently to always pray and fast for inspiration and guidance. We hit a point where we all learned a valuable lesson and were able to overcome the wall that was in our way. We are in the process of climbing over it and continuing on our journey with faith. I am so excited to implement some of the new ideas we have including how to unify the branch and our missionary efforts with them more in order to push the work forward and truly find those people ready to receive the gospel! :)
I loved this week and how much I learned! Even though it was a bit of a tougher week, I learned a lot and I am ready to put myself back together into a better missionary with all the new insight, power and strength I am constantly given from the Lord! I love this gospel and I love this work!
I love and miss you all and i hope everything is going well! You are always in my prayers! :) Keep the faith and never lose hope!

Lovin life and livin my dreams!
Love, Sister Britni Johnson! :)
4 of my favorite sisters in the world! :)

 Sister Hunger and I at the Sister Specialized training. We were basically attached at the hip the whole time because we get along so well and I missed her so much. I seriously pray everyday that we will be companions! :)

 I love exchanges so much! They are way fun! :)

 I love this scripture!

No comments:

Post a Comment