April 7th, 2014

Hello everyone!!

I hope you all enjoyed conference because I sure did. It was so weird because every single talk that was given seemed to be written and spoken directly for me! There was so much in there that was exactly what I needed to hear and I couldn't believe it. I am so rejuvenated and ready to go!! One of my favorite parts was probably

Elder Holland when he said that being a disciple of Jesus Christ will NEVER be easy!! We knew it wouldn't be easy when we made the choice to find the truth and stand up for it! Our god is not a comfortable god because otherwise there would be no growth or progression. Things aren't supposed to be easy or comfortable, but with the love of God and the strength of Christ on our side, we can do anything! I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I will always stand up for what I believe in and know to be true no matter what the circumstances may be or how hard it may become!! :)


Quote of the Week

"Keep the commandments. Walk in the light. Endure to the end. Be true to every covenant and obligation, and the Lord will bless you beyond your fondest dreams."-Joseph Fielding

Smith, Our purpose and mission is clear and simple. That does not mean it will be easy but you had better believe that it will be worth it!! :)


Updates
Heather- She got married last weekend and hasn't smoked for a week!! As of right now, she is on track to get baptized this Saturday at 3:00 p.m. The only thing that will stop that is if she slips up but she is determined and praying for strength and the rest of us are praying for her and doing all we can to help keep her busy to overcome this addiction once and for all!

Brandi- She is still doing strong and absolutely loved General Conference! With here, she knows it's true and will be baptized, it is just a matter of when. I am definitely learning patience but consistency. I admire her desire to truly know that this is true because when she gets baptized, she is here to stay and not going anywhere.

Mike- We met him a little over a week ago and he said we could come back. We went back last Wednesday to teach him the restoration and he liked it. He has some questions and concerns but he said we could come back so we are going back to teach him the Plan of Salvation today. I think he really does want to know if this is true, the only tricky thing with him is he works weekend nights. But he is going to try to come to church this Sunday so we will see.


Lastly a Miracle
So yesterday we watched the morning session of General Conference at the church and then we had a quick lesson with Heather. Then we were left with an awkward 45 minute period of time which we weren't quite sure what to do. We easily could have just hung out at the church a little longer until the next session of conference started but we decided to go out and make the most of the time we had. The first person we went to visit wasn't home so we went to our back-up plan. We planned to see a less active member but it turns out he has moved. But his son answered the door and we started talking to him. He was nice enough but seemed a little standoffish at first.

 I had a pounding headache so I kind of let Sister Malloy take over at first but then all of a sudden I got a very strong impression that I needed to bear testimony about the importance of having a personal relationship with God and how the message of the restoration can help you with that. Then I asked him if we could come back to talk with him more about how he can gain a personal relationship with God and he said yes! We set up to go back and teach him this Wednesday. We said a prayer with him and then left.

When we were walking away, Sister Malloy gave me a fistbump. She said that she had felt like we needed to focus on a personal relationship with God as well and so she had hinted at it a little bit and it led right into it for me to bear testimony. That simple miracle taught me a few powerful lessons. First off, Heavenly Father is acutely aware of each one of us and exactly what we need. He knew what David needed and he knew what we needed and he blessed us both.

Also, we are always blessed for our diligence and faith. We had decided to make the most of our time and we were blessed because of it. And thirdly, we had been praying hard to be able to find more people to teach and it seemed a little discouraging for awhile but we have been able to find a few people lately and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. He is ins this work and he is with each and every one of us every single day!!! Miracles are happening all around us constantly, we just have to look for them in faith and gratitude! :)


I love this gospel and I love my mission!! Things are so amazing!! I love and miss you all and I hope things are absolutely wonderful!! :)



Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)

*Shandice Update*

Thank you so much to everyone who was able to help with the book! I have added some pictures of it below! All of your wonderful notes are going to mean to so much to her!









No comments:

Post a Comment