March 3rd 2014

Hello everyone!!
This week was so good!!! We were crazy busy, got like no sleep and barely made it through but busy is super good and we have been teaching a lot which is the best!!
Quote of the Week
"There are lives to brighten. There are hearts to touch. There are souls to save." - President Monson

Scripture of the Week
Moroni 10:32

Miracle for the Week
My miracle for this week happened yesterday! We had a snow storm that was supposed to be bad enough that they cancelled church and it wasn't even that bad but anyways. We went out to shovel some driveways and we couldn't decide who to do. We had planned to shovel a member's house but they wouldn't let us. So we were driving past another member's house and I felt like we needed to go shovel theirs and their neighbor's driveways. We do theirs first and then start on their neighbor's. This really cute woman came out and asked us if we had the wrong house and who we were. We told her we were just doing service for strangers and we were missionaries. She thanked us and then went to get us some hot chocolate to bring out to us. She also brought us some cake. 

Her name is Michelle and she told us that her husband was in the house talking to their daughter about how she needs to do service and help people just like we were. We do plan to go back and take some cookies, but no matter what happens, it was a very spiritual experience for me. I had been praying and seeking the Spirit to know where to go and what to do when I really felt like we needed to go there. We ended up meeting Michelle and it was cool becasue it was so simple but it was definitely an answer to my prayers and I was able to be led by the Spirit. 

We have been seeing miracles and blessings right and left and things are so good. Quick update on Cheyenne: She is so excited and ready for her baptism next Saturday and we are too. I love her so much and I am grateful we get to teach her. It is a little tricky because she has some learning disabilities so we have to review a lot and be very simple and basic but Heavenly Father has certainly helped us with that so much and she is able to grasp and understand the most important concepts. She also prayed at the end of our lesson and she did need a little help but it was so wonderfully simple and sincere. It touched my heart and the Spirit was so strong!
We also have another woman we are working with, Heather. She is getting married on March 29th and getting baptized on April 12th. We are super excited because she is so ready and always talking about how reading the Book of Mormon helps her feel peace and comfort. She is working on quitting smoking but she is strong and determined which is so awesome! Great things are happening and I am very excited!
We have another very busy week ahead of us which I love. But they are also bittersweet because the weeks and months are completely flying by and I don't know where the time is going!! My mission is going by so fast but I am giving it my all and trying my hardest to enjoy every minute of it!!
I love you all and hope everything is going well! Things are great and I truly appreciate the love and support! Have a great week and talk to you soon!!
Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)

 fun at chikfila

Cheyenne who is getting baptized next Saturday!! I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment