January 6th - Happy New Year!!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I hope you are all wonderful and staying warm!

First off, a NEW ADDRESS has been posted to the address page!
This last week was pretty great!! We had some way fun exchanges and had our interviews with our mission president! It was really good to talk to him and it was kind of funny because in the middle of our interview, he says" Sister Johnson, in the most loving way possible, Get over it!' And it was really quite funny because that was exactly what I needed to hear and it helped so much!
Quote of the Week 
"He doesn't prevent broken hearts, he heals them through each other." 

I love this quote because although it was talking specifically about visiting teaching, it applies to so many different aspects of our life. It is the reason we have family, friends, companions, coworkers, neighbors, ward members and everything!! It is to help us help each other and through helping each other, we help ourselves! 

Scripture of the Week
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes, we are healed."-Mosiah 14:5

Just a great scripture for thought to keep our minds and our hearts focused on Christ and his sacrifice and love for us!! :)

This week was great! I think the biggest highlight was the fact that a woman we are teaching was kicked out of her house with her six kids but that same day, they were able to find an apartment in our apartment complex and we helped them move everything so we definitely softened their hearts with service and I am so excited to start teaching them! Her husband is a little bit more hesitant towards learning due to the fact that his mother is insane and forced religion down his throat his whole life but Paulette and her daughter Melissa are both interested so we will just start with them. Plus it is super convenient that they live so close now!! 
So this coming week is a little stressful. First off, for the fact that it is currently -8 degrees with a windchill of -15 and tomorrow it is supposed to be down to -15 degrees with a windchill of up to -40!! I can't even comprehend that, the very thought just makes me want to cry!! But I know I will be blessed for my hard work and dedication. They have cancelled all the schools but our mission president wants us out talking to people as they are holed up in their houses. So us and the mailmen are the only crazy ones that will be out in this freezing weather!! Fortunately I have been so blessed by family members sending me such warm things that I think I will be good! :)
Really quick moment of stupidity for the week:
Sister Hyer and I decided to go wash our car on Tuesday because we ran out of time Monday
. So Tuesday morning, we go out and go to the manual car wash where you wash the car yourself because our car is filthy and that is cheaper. So we go and start the water and I sprayed the whole car, then we go to grab the brush and scrub it and all the water is frozen all over our car. We didn't realize that it was less than 20 degrees out. So we had to scrape all our windows just to drive over to the vacuum thing and at least try to clean out the inside of our car be cause the outside was a fail. But it made for a good laugh and I definitely learned my lesson about washing the car in the winter!! :)
Anyways, this Thursday is transfers so we will just have to wait and see what happens! The longer I stay here, the harder it gets to leave. Especially because I love Sister Hyer so much and secretly panic at the thought of leaving but we will just see! 
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!! I love you all and hope this new year brings you many blessings and fun times!! 

Love always, Sis. Britni Johnson :)

shoveling snow for 4 1/2 hours just to serve people :)

working hard, shampooing vicki's carpets :)
Zumba!!




No comments:

Post a Comment