January 13th, 2013

Hello mi familia!!!

I wasn't transferred!! I am still in Madison Lake and will be for at least 6 more weeks=half my mission :) I really do love it though!! Things are great and they are warmer which is good! I didn't die in the cold this last week! :)


Quote of the Week
"She walked not in the borrowed light of others, but faced the morning unafraid and invincible." 

This quote is talking about Emma Smith but I love it because this is exactly how I want to be and I feel like I am slowly learning how to be more unafraid and invincible facing each new day and conquering it!! :)


Scripture of the Week
I forgot to bring my Book of Mormon so I will just put the reference.
Ether 3:4, specific prayers=specific blessings!

I know the Lord will provide!! :)


This week was crazy!! It was very cold but we were blessed and I have learned to be grateful for 20 degree weather. Yesterday was 35 and it felt like 65 to me! :)


Highlight of the Week
Saturday, we went down to a village (not big enough to be considered a town) called South Solon that has maybe 400 people in it, one stoplight and absolutely no business or stores or anything. But it has a pots office! :) So we went to tract a few streets and we tracted almost the entire town in like 2 1/2 hours. I loved it though because everything was so crazy and run down but all the people were incredibly nice and when we ran across a normal person, I would straight up ask them how they ended up living in a place like South Solon. It was way fun and I am excited to go back on Thursday and visit a few people that we met that are fairly interested and said we could come back!! 

We are just enjoying ourselves and staying strong!! I am happy to still be here in Madison Lake because this feels more like home to me now because I have been here so long and this is all I have known on the mission! 

I love the members and I absolutely LOVE missionary work! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are with me every step of the way and they will strengthen and guide through everything!!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

Love always Sister Britni Johnson :)

 a less active member's daughter, my new best friend Laurelai! :)


our awesome collage wall in our apartment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment