February 3rd, 2013

Hello everyone!! I have a little more time this week so I will update you!! :)



Quote of the Week: "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
-Helen Keller.

I love this and am definitely learning this lately. Things have been so great because I am just learning to be happy and have complete faith and confidence that everything will work out because Heavenly Father is taking care of it all!! :) I am allowing myself to be happy and free from pointless stress so I can learn to enjoy my mission and love every second of life!! :)


Scripture of the Week"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens." Enos 1:4


Every where I turn lately it has been prayer, prayer and more prayer. I finally got the message and decided to not only pray more and depend more on the Lord, but also to make my prayers more sincere and meaningful. The change has been night and day and I absolutely love my prayer time so much now!!! :)

Miracles of the WeekThis week has been amazing! We were trying so hard to get someone to church and we weren't sure if it would happen, but all of a sudden, a woman named Jill texted us in the middle of branch council meeting and told us she would be ready for church at 9:30 and she would just need a ride. We couldn't believe it, so we got a ride and headed over to her house. We haven't really taught her at all and never gave her a Book of Mormon but she came to church and loved it! She has lots of questions so we set up to meet with her this week to answer her questions and give her a Book of Mormon. She recently quit smoking like a month ago because of her health and we know that we met her at this certain time for a reason and that is ready and prepared to hear our message and accept it!! I am so excited to see how it goes. 


We also have a woman named Eva Jackson that we are working with. She is black and calls me baby girl which I love! She is the first black person I have ever taught and one of the only ones I have met in London. She is in her 50s and actually came to our church once about a year ago and loved it!! We met with her and committed her to reading the Book of Mormon. She wasn't able to make it to church but we will get her this week because we are singing a special musical number. I am excited to see what happens with Eva as well and I will definitely let you know!


I don't know what happened but all of a sudden we are finding all these people that are interested and ready to learn more and I know it is because we have been persevering patiently and working as hard as we can and it is so nice to finally see results again!! I am so happy and content with everything and I love missionary work! I am lost in the work and nothing feels better than that! I love you all and I know without a doubt that this is true. I can feel it in my heart and every part of my body and I hope you can all feel it as well! I love you so much! I miss you and I hope everything is going well! Talk to you soon!!



Love always, Sister Britni Johnson! :)
Kyrien Curtin-cutest baby ever and currently the love of my life! :)
The Curtins-probably one of my favorite families in the branch. She's Mexican and he's Irish! :)

drawings of us on the wall at another sisters apartment! 

Hats and scarves given to us by Eva. They are a little flashy for my taste :)

Stay strong and Keep the Faith!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment