July 29th, The work is picking up! :)

Hello!!! :)

This week was transfers and we have a third companion! Her name is Sister Glaab and she is incredible. Not only do we have a third companion but the sisters from a neighboring area don't have an apartment yet so they are also staying with us and have been for the last 5 days. 

We went from 2 to 5 in our tiny one bedroom apartment. There are 2 cots in our living room, one cot in the bedroom and suitcases all over the kitchen floor. It is a little bit crazy but super fun and I love it! The other sisters drive 40 minutes to their area everyday to do some proselyting and such and then drive back every night but hopefully they will have their apartment available by Thursday or Friday

They also made some crazy changes. So each area or companionship is in a district which is similar to a ward in the missionary ward. And each district has a district leader who leads and cares for the missionaries. Each of the districts belongs to a particular Zone which is equivalent to a stake in the missionary world and their are 2 Zone leaders over each zone. Those Zone leaders report to the 2 Assistants to the Mission President who report to the Mission President. With the influx of sister missionaries there are also now Sister Training Leaders which are similar to Zone Leaders but they are just over sisters where the Zone leaders are over everyone in their zone. 

Anyway, so this last transfer, they split every zone in half because there are so many new missionaries coming in and the work is progressing and growing in so many areas. So instead of 5 zones, there are now 10. They also opened up a ton of new areas and put elders and sisters in a lot of areas. It is crazy everything that is happening but so exciting and I love being a part of it! :)



Quote of the Week  [ TWO quotes this week! ]
You don't ever know how strong you are until being strong is all you have left!

I love this one because it is so true and I have definitely experienced this a little bit lately. Being out here most of the time, when things are hard, the only option I have is to be stronger, to work harder, to be better and to rise above all the obstacle. To turn to my Savior Jesus Christ and ask him for the strength to get through it! 


Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you! 

This one is good because the only thing we can control is what goes on inside of us. It's all about our attitude, our thoughts, our inner peace and what makes us who we are that determines our happiness and joy in this life! :)


Scripture of the Week 
Alma 26:12 "Yea I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself but of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever."  

I found this scripture as I was studying about humility. This really sums aup how I have been feeling lately. I truly am nothing without God and Jesus Christ. They are my rock, and my strength. I can nothing without help from heaven but with heaven's help I can do all things, all I have to do is ask. Christ has promised us happiness, strength, love, peace, joy and countless other blessings temporal, spiritual and eternal if we just come unto him, follow his example and ask for his help. I have really learned how to rely on the Lord and put all my trust in him. I am still learning and I am grateful for that chance to still learn and grow and always have him there with me every step of the way! Jesus Christ is my Savior, Redeemer and foundation!

 
Miracle of the Week
It happened yesterday. For the last like 5 or 6 Sundays, Sister Mitchell and I have tried to hard to get people to church to no avail. We have done everything we can but nothing has worked. Finally, this last Sunday, we got 5 people to church and it was so exciting! It was such a testimony to me that we truly are blessed after the trial of our faith! All of the people that we are teaching are progressing well and Kirstie has decided to get baptized. She said that God told her this the where she needs to be and she is listening to him! It's so awesome to see her love, strength and testimony of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father! Time short this week so I gotta go! Talk to you all next week! I love and miss you all so much but I am grateful to bear hear serving the Lord and spreading his Word!!! :)



Love always, Sister Johnson! :)

Our new trio!

One of my favorite sisters in an a area close to ours. We got to know each other on exchanges! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment