July 15th, 2013 - An Awesome Week!!!

First off, Happy Birthday to Dad!!! I love and miss you so much and I hope it's a great day!

Second, shout out to Hannah! I love you so much and I want you to know that you are my strength and I look forward to your letters so much! :)


Scripture of the Week
1st Nephi 15:25 - "Wherefore, I Nephi, did exhort them to give heed to the word of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would heed to the word of God and remember to keep his commandments always, in all things." 

I love this scripture because it describes exactly what I am doing and exactly what we all should be doing in our own lives and in helping to strengthen and help all those around us! :)



Quote of the Week
"I promise if you do all that you can, God will magnify your strength and you wisdom. He will season you!" -President Eyring- 

I just love that because all he asks of us is to do all that we can and he will do the rest. He will strengthen us and help us to become better and molded into the best person we can be! :)



Stories of the Week
1. Last Monday, after we emailed our families, we went to the Madison county fair which was cool. Some of the member of our branch were there showing poultry and other animals and racing horses and such. It was fun but pretty stinky! :)


2. Next, we had district meeting on Wednesday and the assistants came to our meeting. Sister Mitchell and I were asked to Role Play with one of the assistants, Elder Beck. We were to teach him the Restoration. so we taught him just like we would any investigator and afterwords he gave us some feedback. He told us some stuff that helped us our a lot and then he turned to me and told me that he was amazed. He said for only being out for 4 weeks, I teach like I have been out for 4 months or more. He couldn't believe my confidence and sincerity and it made me feel good. I needed to hear it and I know the Lord was working through him to help me in the ways that I need it and it was awesome.


3. We had exchanges where two of the sisters from another area both came into our area and we split up. I went with on for part of the time and then we swapped. It was awesome because I thought I had just become dependent on Sister Mitchell and I didn't realize I could teach on my own. But when we split up, something changed in me. I became so bold and suddenly I wasn't nervous at all about tracting or teaching complete strangers and bearing my testimony. 

I normally do OK but this time it was amazing. I felt so much love for all those we met and I could feel the Spirit so strongly testifying through me. I loved that feeling that I know that I can this with Jesus Christ's and Heavenly Father's help and strength and they will always be there for me no matter what! :) I loved having those sisters in our area. I found such a renewed excitement for the work and energy and positive attitude as I found that love for those I was teaching and passion for what this gospel means to me.


4. Destiny is amazing! She is so ready and told us the other day that she is like 99.5% positive that she is going to serve a mission in 2 years when she turns 19 which is so awesome! She is still set to be baptized and the whole branch is excited about it! Almost everyone is going to be there and we are bringing some of our other investigators which should be super cool! :)


5. This week we also taught Jennifer, who is Apostolic Pentecostal and a little bit crazy but we love her and she is very open, Suzanne, who is old and a little bit crazy but she is willing to listen and we think she is ready, and Anna who is a short little purple haired girl who is like mid twenties and she is adorable. She is ready to hear the gospel and accepted the baptismal date of August 24th. We just have to help her quit smoking and get her to marry her boyfriend or move out so she can repent and be baptized! I am so excited to see where that goes! :) 

There are also other people we are teaching and it is all awesome! I can feel a big wave coming on and it is so exciting because we are working hard and so is the branch and we are definitely seeing blessing from it! :)


Miracles of the Week
So Thursday night was a little rough. I was emotional and sort of homesick and just worried about everything and Sister Mitchell was awesome enough to listen to me and let me cry it out. Friday morning we set up for me to get a blessing from a ward member later that afternoon. Right before the blessing, we got a call from President Nilsen but we missed it so we listened to his message. He just told us how proud he is of us and the work we are doing and he loves us and is so excited to see what miracles happen and how much the work is progressing here in our area.It was exactly what we both needed to hear and I know the Lord was working through him also. 

Then I got the blessing and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The brother who gave it was so in tune with the spirit because he addressed so many things I didn't even mention and it just showed me how much My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know me and love me. He told me so many things and I need to hear and specific things I can do that I will be blessed for. The blessings were specified and I felt so loved and comforted. I could feel so much love an power enveloping me as I was given the blessings and I was just bawling my eyes out. It was so incredible and I felt so ready and determined to focus again and give all my heart, might, mind and strength to serving the Lord and my mission! :) 

I love being a missionary so much and it is such a comfort and strength to know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father know and love me always. They will always be there for me no matter what and they are happy with my decisions and work and effort I put into my mission. I love seeing all the miracles and blessings throughout my life and I am so grateful for the knowledge and surety I have in this gospel, this church and this life as I know what is expected of me and how to fulfill it. I know this church is true. I know my Savior is my Redeemer and he has spent all his life serving and guiding us. he does everything for us and we are truly nothing without his love and strength. I am grateful for this opportunity to give a little back to my Heavenly Father and to learn and grow so much! :)


So quick important notice, next Thursday (July 25th) is transfers and so for the next 2 weeks starting today everyone sending any letters or packages to me should send them to the mission office address, not my address. I don't know if I will be transferred or not so to be sure they make it to me, send all mail or packages to: Ohio Columbus Mission, 19 Clairedan Drive, Powell, OH 43065

I will let you know next week if I am transferred or not but for now just do that. Also because next week is transfers, our p-day is Wednesday so I won't be emailing until then :)


I love and miss all of you! Hope to hear from you soon! :)
Love always,
Sister Britni Johnson


Dinner at a cute restaurant called Henry's with members and Destiny! :)

Our awesome new shower curtain a member got for us
 because our old on was dirty and gross! :) Coolest thing ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment