July 1st, 2013 - A Month Just Flies By!!



Hey all!!!

I love and miss all of you!
Since my last emails have been a little scattered, I will try to organize this one a little bit better!


Scripture of the week: 
Ether 12:27 
"And if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men who humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I love that scripture so much because it says that our weaknesses are gifts to help us humble ourselves and draw us closer to Christ. We truly need to learn to depend on Him and be strengthened in Him. It has helped me a lot lately because I feel like I am constantly realizing all the weaknesses I do have and it can be frustrating sometimes but I am learning to depend on the Lord in every aspect of my life and I feel His strength and power within me. I feel His love for me and His hand in my life every step of the way and it is such an amazing comfort and blessing!! :)

Quote of the week:
 "Every worthy change means risk; risk of losing an old and damaging habit for a new and improving life."

One of our investigators, Destiny, found it and I love it so much! It is so important to be willing to change and take that risk to become a better person constantly and strive to be more righteous and Christ-like! :)

Miracles:
1. I finally enjoy tracting/knocking on doors which I never thought was possible but it is. It isn't necessarily fun all the time but I really don't mind it and all the slammed doors are totally worth it when you find that one person who is willing to listen and ready to receive the gospel. There are so many people searching for the truth and I am so ready and happy to find them and share this glorious gospel with them! I know the Lord has blessed me with the strength, courage and determination to be open and willing to share the gospel with everyone and anyone who will listen for even a second! :) Life is great and I am so blessed in thie work of salvation.

2. I had a bit of a rough day with worrying about my mom and things were just frustrating. I was struggling with focusing and having a good attitude about the work. But that night I got a letter from Grandma Bentley that said exactly what I needed to hear. It was truly amazing because I immediately felt so much better and I know it was Heavenly Father looking out for me and sending me exactly what I needed to hear to keep me pressing forward and with steadfastness in Christ and His work! :)

3. Yesterday, we taught our Golden Investigator, Destiny who is truly amazing! She is such an example to me. We have met with her three times this week and her baptismal date is July 20th. She will be my first baptism and I am thrilled. We have become really good friends and she is so inspiring and such a good example to me. She reads preach my gospel before each of our lessons. She takes pages of notes throughout each Book of Mormon chapter we leave her with. She has already changed her life to live the word of wisdom, modesty, tithing, the law of chastity and everything. We didn't even have to teach her because she read it in true to the faith and applied it before we had the chanceWe had dinner with her at a member's house last night and then afterwards we watched The Testaments. The Spirit was so amazingly strong and we all bore our testimonies afterwards. Half of us were crying and when it came time for Destiny to bear her testimony, the Spirit was incredible. Her testimony was so sweet and simple and yet so powerful and I look up to her so much! She is already talking about getting a temple recommend to do baptisms for the dead and possibly going on a mission in 2 years and we have only known her a week! I am just so grateful for the opportunity to guide her into the waters of baptism and the privilege it is to learn and grow with her! I love her and I can tell we will be friends forever! :)


Stories:
First is we had a bit of a scare on Wednesday. Tuesday night we went into a house with bed bugs and sat on the couch but we didn't find out until Wednesday that there were bed bugs in it. SO I stripped my sheets and blanket and everything and threw it in the dryer for about 20 minutes in the hopes of killing any bed bugs that might have been on it. We also sprayed this stuff all over that is supposed to paralyze the bed bugs and eventually kill them off. And we followed that up with some serious prayer and pleading that we wouldn't get any bed bugs because that is the last thing we need. The Elders that were here before had recently moved because their old apartment because infested with bed bugs and I am so glad we didn't have the same thing happen. We have yet to find any so I think we are safe! :)

Second, we did some service this week. We painted the window frame of an old lady who is a little bit crazy but she is the mother-in-law of one of the members so we helped her out. We also made this pastry for another member in our ward who is pregnant and bedridden, scheduled for a c-section tomorrow. She has been craving it and asked us to make it for her. It's basically cinnamon rolls hollowed out and made into a cone shape, coated in sugar and filled with pudding. They were so good and we felt bad because they fed us breakfast before and then sent us home with some of the pastries. We got a lot out of it for it being service but it was awesome and it was nice to get to know some members a little better! :)

Anyways, Life is truly amazing! My testimony is growing stronger and stronger everyday! I love my companion, she is amazing and we have so much fun together. Our branch is remarkable and so willing to help out in any way possible. I am excited to see our efforts joined and what results we can come up with! I love this gospel, this work and I am so blessed and grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I will continue to press forward and be the best missionary I can be and I know with help from heaven, miracles and can and will happen!!!! :)

I love you all and miss you so much! 
I'm lovin' life and livin' my dreams!! :)
Love always, Sister Britni Johnson

the delicious pastry we made as a service for a member

Our lesson yesterday with Destiny. From right to left: me, Destiny (our awesome investigator), Sister Mitchell, Courtney (a member) and her little brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment