September 8th, 2014

Good afternoon everyone!!
Scripture of the Week
 Alma 32:27-28

 It's so exciting to see that as I have given the Book of Mormon and other scriptures a place in my heart, they have swelled into a burning testimony and now I truly do hunger and thirst after the scriptures and anything Heavenly Father has for me to learn! It is incredibly delicious to me and all I want to do is study gospel things all day everyday!! It's the best!!

So this week was a bit of a struggle. We locked our keys and our phone in our car on Tuesday and had to have a member call AAA roadside assistance to come help us. Then yesterday, we locked our keys in our trunk and the lever inside the car doesn't work to unlock it. So we had to call the senior missionary couple in charge of the vehicles had to drive an hour and a half from Columbus here to Fairborn to bring the spare and unlock it for us. And lastly, we heard that starting next week, we are going to be sharing cars across the mission. So for example, the elders in our area don't currently have a car so for 1 week they would get the car and we would be stuck on bikes and then the next week we would swap and we would get the car and they would be on bikes. This will definitely be interesting considering the fact that I am terrible at riding a bike especially in a skirt but I am kind of excited because it will make like really interesting and I am sure I will have tons of funny stories to tell everyone regarding our adventures!!! So we had some serious bad luck but we also had some great experiences!! The work is finally starting to pick back up again and it is a great blessing!!

Miracle of the Week
So we went to a Chinese buffet on Friday and we were with the elders in our area and we were all eating and enjoying our food when the girl that was kind of waiting on us complimented me on my dress. She was super sweet and I really wanted to give her a card. Everyone told me to go for it so I go over to her and it was perfect because she had just sat down to have lunch and so I went up and sat across from her. I started asking her questions like if she believes in God and stuff like that. She told me she has only been in the US fro a little over a month and everyone in her village somewhere in Asia all believe in Buddha but she wants to find faith in God.

We had a wonderful conversation and I felt the spirit so strong which was funny considering we were sitting in a buffet. I got her phone number and tried to set up a time to meet with her but it was hard because she is really busy and didn't understand everything I was saying. We settled on us texting her this week to set up a time to meet up with her and she is really excited to meet with us again!! She was super duper sweet and I am so grateful Heavenly Father blessed me with the opportunity to talk to her and that I took the opportunity! It was something so simple and small and yet so profound for me and really helped me to know that I was in the right place and the right time and listened to the Spirit!! 


Other miracle:
We met the daughter of a less active member on our way to the member's house. She was super nice and social and started telling us about how the elders were supposed to go by and teach her the other day but she was sleeping and missed it. Then she started saying how she felt a little awkward with them coming by and trying to teach and she would be a lot more comfortable if it were girls. So we got her information and then called the elders immediately. I apologized but they were very graceful and said we could totally teach her!! they think we will fit better with her anyways and they are willing to do whatever it takes to help her feel comfortable and learn about these things! It was really nice of them and I am super excited to start teaching her because she has a lot of potential and she is hilarious!! I love her already!!!!


Things are great and I am still lovin life and livin it up here in good ol' Fairborn!! I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!!! :)

Love always, 
Sister Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment