August 19th, 2014

Hello everyone!!

Scripture for this Week 
I don't have the whole verse with me but essentially it says we receive no witness (or miracle) until after the trial of our faith. - Ether 12:6.

I will admit that the last few weeks have definitely been a serious trial of my faith and I was definitely struggling. But at that moment when I was so done with life and everything and didn't think I could go a step further, I put complete trust in my Heavenly Father and he carried me through. And the last few days have been filled with miracle after miracle, big and small!!

Miracles for this Week 
First miracle
We received a media referral (meaning he referred himself on mormon.org) who requested a Book of Mormon. His name is Shaun and we went by on Sunday to meet him and give him a copy. He was conveniently outside when we pulled up and we started talking. He had a friend from high school that recently married a member of the church and he joined as well so that peaked Shaun's interest. He has been searching for quite awhile but has never been fully satisfied. He knows a lot about the history of the church and is super interested in reading the Book of Mormon. We talked with him fro a solid half hour and taught him a little bit about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. He agreed read a chapter in the Book of  Mormon and for us to come back on Friday to answer questions and teach him a little more. He is so awesome and definitely an answer to prayers.

Second miracle
Not even 2 hours later we went to contact another referral, April Smith. About a week ago, a member that used to live in this ward but recently moved to Hawaii, called and asked us to go see her friend April Smith and take her a Book of Mormon. We caught her home and proceeded to teach her about the Book of Mormon as well. She was really nice and interested. She has been going through some tough things lately and is hoping the Book of Mormon will help her. She also agreed to let us come back next week to teach her some more!
We also have 2 other really interested investigators we are teaching and the interesting thing is that all of 4 of these people have very strong connections with church through friends and they were intrigued by their examples and their testimonies! It's amazing the influence members have on their friends and those around them just by being a good person, a friend and an example!

Third miracle:
This is going to embarrass him a little bit but I received a letter from my older brother who recently turned 22 informing me that he got his patriarchal blessing a few weeks ago and has officially decided to serve a mission!!! This was the biggest and best miracle of all!! I am so excited he has decided to serve because I know that incredible blessings that come from serving a mission!! There are countless things that you learn each and every day and it is the most incredible, amazing, difficult, hardest and happiest time of your life! It's definitely a roller coaster but I am more than happy to be on it and diligently serving my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ! I am forever grateful for this opportunity to help my brothers and sisters know and understand that God loves each and every one of them so much and to show them the happiness and truth that can be found in this life as well as in the next!!


I am so grateful for each and everyone of you and all the support and love you have been given to me over the years and especially throughout my mission. I know that church is true and that is why I am more than happy to sacrifice a year and a half of my life to share that truth. I don't care how many doors get slammed in my face, how many people tell me no or look at me like I am a freak, I will not let it get me down or stop me. I know this work will continue to go forth and that nothing can stop it! We are on the winning team and we have numberless angels helping and strengthening us in this great work!! I love this gospel and I love my Savior!

Have a wonderful week!!!


Love always,
 Sister Johnson :)
It's a sad day when so many of the missionaries 
I know are going home! :(

Abby Tourtillott from the Xenia Ward! She came 

to our ward just to visit me-man I love this girl!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment