August 11th, 2014

Hello!!
First off,      HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!      I love you and I hope you have a fabulous birthday!! :)

So this week has been fun! I have had the chance to welcome Sister Rose (my new companion) to good ol' Fairborn!! We haven't had a ton of opportunities to teach but we are doing our best. We have been teaching the lessons to active members at dinner to give her the chance to practice and that has worked really well!!
My Scary/Cool Experience of the Week
We went to meet a less active member in the elders area. She answered and was very nice, we were able to have a pretty good chat with her. As we were leaving, her next door neighbor called over to us. We went up to talk to him and he started yelling at us. He keeps saying how he can't believe that we are gullible enough to be brainwashed into believing the Book of Mormon which leads people straight to hell. He also accused us of worshiping Satan and kept swearing horrible things at us. 

At this point I kept trying to interrupt to give us a chance to get away but he just kept getting closer and more angry. I was so scared that for a moment I thought he was going to chase us down if we tried to leave. I knew he would just keep yelling and I had no idea what to do. We just listened for about 5 minutes and didn't say a thing. Then finally he asked me a question and I mustered up all the kindness I could and said he has his beliefs and we have ours, have a good day.

He laughed in our faces and then screamed that we better run. we got into the car and drove away quickly. I felt so bad because Sister Rose was really shaken up and both of us didn't feel the Spirit at all. It was so scary and I have never had someone so openly and angrily scream in my face and attack everything I hold closest to my heart.

After we calmed down for a moment we read a few chapters of the Book of Mormon together to bring the Spirit back. This was a very crazy experience but as I pondered it, I realized that it was actually a great faith building experience for me. I thought of the talk by Elder Holland this last conference about being a disciple of Christ. I thought of the story of the 2 sister missionaries that were spit on and had food thrown at them. I could suddenly relate to that experience way better.

 I went back and read that talk and Elder Holland says that we will all face moments where our faith is ridiculed, challenged and attacked. He goes on to say that when we are faced with this experience, we have the opportunity to be in Christ's shoes for just a moment. He was constantly mocked, ridiculed and rejected. Once I saw it this way, I was honored to be able to stand up for what I believe in and truly be a representative of Jesus Christ. I am proud of what I believe in and I know that I have worked hard for my faith and I am grateful to be able to continue to grow it!


I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves each and everyone of us, even that incredibly confused and angry man. He has given us the Book of Mormon so we can find peace and happiness in this life! I have found so much guidance and direction from the scriptures, specifically the Book of Mormon. I know I am a daughter of God and I have been chosen to represent my Savior Jesus Christ! I know Christ lives and he is with each and everyone of us every day! I know that no matter what happens, everything will be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ and every single person that comes to this earth will have the opportunity to learn about these truths and accept them if they choose to!


I am so proud to be a member and a missionary for Christ's true church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I love every second of being able to share that with everyone and anyone who will listen through my words, actions and example! I love this work and I love this gospel!! I say these things in the name of my beloved Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen.
I love you all and wish you a wonderful week!! :)
Our last few minutes together as companions :(

 Polka dots galore!

 We played softball today!! I didn't do nearly as bad as
 I was expecting! I hit the ball 4 times and even made it through the bases once!

No comments:

Post a Comment