May 18th, 2014

Hello everyone!!

Quote of the Week
"Peace isn't the absence of trouble, it's the presence of Christ." 

I love this because it is so true! Without troubles and trials we wouldn't learn anything and there would be no point to life. It is important to find joy in the journey and in the trial. I am learning to be grateful for my trials and not ask for them to be taken away but ask for Heavenly Father to strengthen my back so that I can carry them! :)


Quick Miracle
So we have been trying to meet more of the ward because Sister Jensen doesn't know a lot of people and I don't know anyone. So we randomly popped in on some active members and they invited us in. The husband has been a member for almost a year and he is so excited about missionary work. A few days earlier, he started talking to a woman at the store about church and she was super interested and excited. He got her name, phone number and address.

So when we dropped by, he started telling us about her and asked us to go by and visit her. We went by that night and she was super excited about us being there. She really wants to come to church but couldn't make it yesterday because she was sick. But we are meeting with her tonight and I am so excited to be teaching her. She really wants to put God back in her life and is super excited to come to church and stuff.

 It was cool to see how involved Heavenly Father was is such a small moment of life that could have a great impact and we all just happened to be in the right place at the right time and listened to the promptings of the Spirit. It's little experiences like that that can be the biggest testimony builders of how God is in control of everything and all we have to do is trust Him and put it all in His hands!! :)


Other News
I am now in Fairborn OH!!! Funny thing is the border of Fairborn touches the border of Xenia. I am literally 5 minutes down the road from where I used to live and I am still in the same zone.  It is super weird being so close yet so far. I love it here so much though!! It feels so right to be here. I know that I am here for a specific reason and I am super excited to figure it out!! 

My new companion is Sister Jensen and she is kind of amazing! She has been out for 3 months but I always forget and think she has been out longer than me because she is so good. We get along so well and I am having the most fun I have ever had on my mission.

I am not a Sister Training Leader anymore which is such a blessing. I love just being a regular old missionary and just going out and doing my best with my companion. I feel so light and happy and things are just fabulous!! There is a lot going on here and so many miracles happening right and left! There are a lot of people that are super close and we are going to help give them that extra push that they need. 


Anyways, I love you all and I hope things are wonderful!! Talk to you next week!! :)

Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)




Sister Jensen, Sister Malloy, me, and Sister Simmons :)
I love my peanut butter!! :)
Another Indian Mound-they seem to be everywhere here in Ohio
 Johnson and Jensen=best companionship ever!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment