December 9th, 2013

Hello everyone!!! 

Hope you are having a fabulous week!! It certainly is beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas. It has snowed like crazy and is freezing everyday!! But everyone is in the Christmas spirit and it's way fun!!!
First off, Happy Birthday Mom!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and know that I love you and am thinking of you!!!

Scripture of the Week
"And they were all young men and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."-Alma 53:20 

This one is in Alma and it is talking about the 2,000 stripling warriors. I love this because this exactly how I need to be. I need to keep the courage, strength and stay true in every thing that I do!! I may not be in a huge battle in the middle of a physical war but I am a warrior for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ fighting to save lives and defeat the Adversary!!


Quote of the Week
"Time is valuable but truth is more valuable than time." 

I like this quote a lot because this is an excuse for so many people. They say that now is not the right time or they will come back later. But there is no time like the present. We will be held accountable for any time we waste not living righteously and holding true to the truth and knowledge we have been blessed with!!! Time is precious and it is so important that we don't waste the Lord's time or our short time that we have on this earth!! I am determined to hold fast to the truth that I know and never let go of it for anything.


Miracle of the Week
Yesterday Paul blessed the sacrament and it was such a blessing for me to have been able to see him take that first step and then keep going. He is now a priest and continues to learn and grow. He has such a fire for the gospel and the scriptures. He is ready and excited to go out and spread this truth to the world and it is definitely amazing to be a part of it and see firsthand the changes that the gospel ignites in people. 
Things are still going well here! There have been a few rough patches but we always just keep plugging along and getting through it. Thursday was very fun because we had a mission wide Christmas devotional and so we got to see everyone. Sister Hyer and I sang a duet for it and it actually turned out ok. They had a slideshow of all the people that have been baptized this year and all the fun memories and it was awesome to reflect back on the last 6 months. I can't believe that this Thursday I will have been out for 6 months. By Friday I will have less than a year left and I am so excited to make the most of it and keep learning and growing in more ways than I can imagine! 


I love you all!! I hope everyone is safe and well and getting ready for Christmas!! You are in my thoughts and my prayers!! Thanks for all you do for me!!!


Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)

Fun on exchanges! :)







Our beautiful Christmas tree that a member is letting us borrow!!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Christmas Tree! I'm so glad you are happy and doing well. It was -12 degrees one day when the kids left for school.
    Love you,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete