October 7th - Conference Was Incredible!!!

Hello!!
Scripture of the Week 
"My son peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment: And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high: thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." -D&C 121:7-9

I love these verses because they are so comforting and full of hope. When things get hard, the Lord comforts us and promises us blessings. Something I have learned lately though is that when we pray during our struggles and trials, He doesn't necessarily change the situation or the trial, he strengthens us and our ability to handle and overcome the trial. Our attitude about and struggles change rather than the struggles themselves. I am so grateful for the strength I receive each day and how incredible the Savior's love and guidance is in my life every second of everyday.
 
 
 
Quote of the Week 
"We must doubt our doubts before we doubt our faith." - This one was from conference but I can't remember exactly who said it.

So short and simple but powerful. It is essential for us to stay strong and not doubt our faith. If we have questions or concerns, we must pray and seek counsel, not just deny our faith and turn away. I am learning to turn tho the Lord in all things, no matter what they are. He is there ready and willing to take part in every aspect of our lives if we will simply let him in and seek his help and strength.

Conference this weekend was incredible. There was so much great stuff shared and I am so excited for the Ensign to come out so I can reread and learn again and again. It was exactly what I needed because it renewed my faith, my testimony and my determination. I was so uplifted and inspired and I am ready to do the work and do my best. I don't want any regrets and I want to work as hard as I possibly can. The work has been a bit difficult lately because we are just hitting a rough patch but we will keep pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ knowing that he is always there, he recognizes all that we do and he is waiting to bless and strengthen us.
 
 
 
Miracle of Week 
I was able to help a lot of the sisters around me. We went on 2 exchanges this week and it was really cool because I was able to grow more confident in my abilities to strengthen and uplift those around me. Each of the sisters I was with, opened up pretty quickly and they felt comfortable with me and trusted me with their struggles and trials. I was able to talk with them, encourage them and uplift them. Through helping them and boosting their spirits, I was able to pull myself right out of my own frustration and discouragement. It's amazing how serving others can be such a blessing to ourselves and the things we are going through.
 
I absolutely loved being able to completely forget about myself and just help those around me. Being a missionary, especially a leader is so much about strengthening, uplifting, encouraging and boosting all those around you and I really discovered a new part of myself I never really realized I had before. I love how much I learn each day and I am so grateful for the ability to constantly improve and progress through our mistakes and experiences!!


Well next week is that time again. We have transfers on Tuesday and we will see if Sister Mitchell and I can come out unscathed again. Hopefully we stay together because I love her, I love this branch and I love this area. 
 
 
We are getting the elders next Tuesday as well so we will see how that goes. Hopefully they will be hardworking and regain the trust of the branch to get everyone excited about missionary and finally turn this branch into a full-blown ward!!!
I love you all and I hope all is going well!!
Have a fabulous week!!!
Love always, Sister Britni Johnson!!!! :)


One of the craziest doors I have knocked on! :)

Sister Rasband

The sky!!!!

The cutest little boy ever! I am a little in love and it is so hard to not hold him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment