October 14th, 2013

Hello!!!
So short email this week, our time was cut because the libraries were closed yesterday to Columbus Day. Anyways, Sister Mitchell and I are both staying together here in Madison Lake!! I am never getting out of here but that is ok because I love it!!


Scripture of the Week
"Now therefore go, and I will be with they mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say." -   Exodus 4:12 
 I know this is so true because the only reason I can do anything is because of the Lord. He helps me so much every single day and I love feeling his guidance and his courage instilled into me to be able to talk to anyone no matter who they are!!



Quote of the Week
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." 
 I love this because lately I have been learning to accept some things that are out of my control and focus on the things I can change and I can make a difference in.



Store of the Week
This last week there was a leadership training so all the Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders got to go to Amish country and meet the 3 Amish families that have joined the church. They are incredible because they have been completely shunned by their families, friends and the whole Amish community for joining the church but they stay strong and keep the Amish way of life because they are trying as hard as they can to share the gospel and be missionaries. 
All 3 families have been sealed in the temple. They even have a little school for just the children of the families and the teachers are a senior couple. They teach them church mixed in with school and it was such a humbling experience all around. We were able to see the authentic horse drawn buggies, dresses and caps and bowl cuts on the boys. I will explain more in my email next week but I loved everything about it! The only downside was I got the stomach flu that had been going around with some of the Amish kids. It actually hit 9 sets of missionaries and Our mission president and his wife. But everything is good now!! :)
Well time is almost up!


Miracle of the Week
I feel complete love and gratitude to all those around me. I can't believe how much love I feel for complete strangers and people I hardly know. I truly feel the love of Christ and I am so happy to be serving and doing all I can to spread that love and happiness!!! :)

Love you all!!
Love, Sister Britni Johnson!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment