July 28th, 2014


Hello everyone!!!!
I can't believe July is almost over! It definitely doesn't feel like it because it barely feels like summer most of the time. This is the coldest summer Ohio has had in a long time. It's weird but it's super nice being a missionary in it because we aren't completely dying in the heat and humidity!

Scripture of the Week
"Choose ye this day to serve the Lord God who made you."- Moses 6:33  

Short, sweet and to the point. Everything in life is a matter of choice. Are we going to choose to serve and love God or the adversary? It hit me hard how simple things can be sometimes yet somehow as humans we always manage to complicate everything!

Updates
This week was very interesting. It's crazy how fast the majority of our investigators are just disappearing. It mostly just makes me sad because I start to love our investigators so much and I want this so badly for them. But that's ok because I know I am doing my part and the Lord will take care of the rest! We are still being blessed so many times everyday so don't worry, we are keeping our chins up!!


Next Sunday is the start of the 40-day fast we are doing in our ward. Basically a different family signs up to fast each day for the length of 40 days. They fast specifically for the missionary work in our ward or for their own personal missionary experience. It's a great way to unify the missionary effort between ward members and full time missionaries. It's awesome to see how excited everyone is getting about it. We have almost all the slots filled and everyone is more than happy to help out. We haven't even started it and we are already seeing miracles happen right and left. I am so excited to see what happens and be a part of all the personal missionary experiences for the members here in this ward. 

I love being a missionary so much! The Lord is truly hastening his work and I can feel it and see it happening all around me. This is a marvelous time to be alive! I hope everything is going well for everyone else! Thanks for the constant love and support, I can feel you love and prayers with me always! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!! :)


P.S. Transfers are next week so we will see what happens, I would love more than anything to stay here in Fairborn with Sister Jensen! :)

P-day hike

P-day hike

Sister Jensen left 2 pans of cookies in the oven and forgot about them for almost an hour, 
we ended up burning both pans.

Thanks so much for the cookies Grandpa!! 
They were absolutely delicious and brightened my whole week! :)

Mowing the lawn for the first time ever!! And in a skirt too! :)

We did Zumba for our district activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment