June 9th, 2014

Hello everyone!!

Happy Father's Day Daddy and Gramps!! I hope you both have an absolutely wonderful day and I love you both immensely!! :)

This week has been absolutely crazy!!

Things are just going so great right now!! Also this week is mini missionaries. So basically any youth within our mission boundaries between the ages of 16-20 can serve a mini mission which is where they live with us and are set apart as a missionary for a week. We got one on Saturday. Her name is Sister Whitted and she is 16 and lives in New Albany OH which is about 2 hours east from where we are. She is super fun and we have had so much fun already in just these last 3 days!! We had a zone fun day today where we all played some sports and the mini missionaries seemed to have a lot of fun at that as well! 


Updates
Patty/Dave- Unfortunately they dropped us on Tuesday because they have had a lot going on and just can't take it all but we both had a really calm feeling about it so I know everything will be ok and I firmly believe sometime in the future they will be baptized!

John/Nicole- They didn't come to church this week but when we went by, Nicole had purchased some of the living scriptures DVDs so they had a few bible ones and a Book of Mormon one about the story of Nephi. It was awesome! And we spent the entire time talking about how much she loves coming to our church and how she really wants to read the Book of Mormon and keep meeting with us! :)

Erick- He is doing so great!! We taught the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he loved them both so much! We were able to explain the Atonement in a way that he has never heard before and it helped him so much! He really wants to repent and be baptized. So now this week we will be teaching the word of wisdom and law of chastity and he smokes and lives with his girlfriend so that will be fun but he is so eager and willing that I don't think we will have a huge problem helping him quit and live the commandments.

Midge/Victor- They are doing so great! They came to church again and loved it! Last week they were going to come to stake conference but their car wouldn't start and church was over by the time they got it started but they came over to the the church anyways in the hopes of finding us and explaining what had happened. Unfortunately they couldn't find us so they left a note on what they thought was our car but it was actually someone else's. It was just so precious! They really do love church and meeting with us! :)


I love this work and this gospel!! I love everything I am learning and becoming and yet all the things about myself that I love and am still keeping!! I love the Spirit that leads and guides my life and I know Heavenly Father plays and large part in my life and everything in it! I know He has never and will never leave me or any one of us alone and I know that from personal experience! No matter what I am going through, I feel His love in my life and His hand guiding me every step of the way!!!

I am so grateful for my mission and everyone that made it possible for me to be out here learning and growing so much!! This gospel is true and I know it is the only thing that bring us true and everlasting joy and happiness if we allow it to!! I love you all and I hope you have another wonderful week!! :)



Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)







No comments:

Post a Comment