November 19th, 2013


Hello!!!
Sorry, super short email again this week!! We keep running out of time!! Yesterday, we did yoga with a member and then went to another member's house to make jewelry and it was so fun!!!
Quote of the Week
 "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." 
 
This quote was on the sign in front of a little church in town and I always love the quotes they have on it. Some of them are funny but this one is really good, we truly have to have faith to start the path to eternal life without having any idea when the end is or how long it will take!! We need to always stay strong and keep pushing forward!! :)


Scripture of the Week 
"Let they bowels be full of charity towards all men and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven." -D&C 121:45 
 
This scripture kept popping up everywhere and so I finally pondered it and I realized how important it is to keep love and virtue in every aspect of our lives and that is what will keep us clean and pure and get us to heaven!! :)


Miracle of the Week/Month
1. Paul is so amazing!! He is so ready for his baptism on Saturday and we can't wait. He loves to learn and is just soaking up every single thing in all of our lessons. He asked the Elders to baptize him which was super cool because they are really excited about him as well. This is getting the branch excited about missionary work and it is exactly what is needed!!
2. Our branch is taking incredible care of us. We mentioned to the relief society president that we didn't have tons of food and over the last 3 days, we have gotten food and other things from like 4 or 5 different members and it just keeps coming. It ceases to amaze me how whenever I start to worry about something, Heavenly Father immediately takes care of it and I don't even have time to stress anymore because it is fixed so quickly.
 
I know that it is him blessing us for our hard work and dedication and that he loves us so much that he wants us to be taken care of. He will do anything he needs to help me and I am so grateful for the comfort that comes from that knowledge!!! Things are incredible and I am so blessed!!



Next Tuesday is transfers which is hard because I never want to leave this area. This is my home and this branch feels like family!! I know whatever happens is supposed to happen but I hope I get to stay again!! I will let you know next week what is happening!! I will also try to write a little longer email next week as well!!


Love you all, thanks so much for all you do for me!!!
Love always, Sister Britni Johnson :)
 
 
Nicole Binns (Vicki's granddaughter) was baptized on Saturday. She was taught by another set of sisters and we were the ones who sent them over there!! :) I was so happy we were able to go!! Her dad was also baptized, I just didn't get a picture with him

 

No comments:

Post a Comment