August 15th - Hey! Life is Fabulous!

Hello to all!

So first off, Happy Birthday Hannah!!! I love you so much and I hope you have a fabulous birthday! Sorry I can't be there but know that I am thinking about you! I hope you got my card and Braden remembers to give you the presents! Love ya bunches Banana Boat! 


Quote of the Week
"Don't ever think you are accomplishing nothing-Be your best at all times!" 

This has helped me so much to realize that as long as I am doing my best, Heavenly Father knows that and that is what counts. We may not have a super successful day or week all the time but it's because I can't control how receptive people are. All I can control is myself and how much I put into it! :) As long as we are working hard, we are accomplishing something. 

"If missionary work is easy, you are doing something wrong." 

Someone in our ward said that I really like it. It is so true and it helped me realize that this is always going to be hard, I may become more confident and less stressed and nervous but it will always be hard. If it isn't then I am doing something wrong. We are always supposed to be learning and progressing. There is no mastering something and then calling it good. I love being able to always learn and grow and never be stuck the way I am. 




Scripture of the week 
 D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

It is so incredibly important to be aware that the Lord is always with us every step of the way, He is ahead of us, behind us and in us. He is all around us and his Spirit is always with us in our hearts. We have his protection and his strength as long as we are worthy of it and following him and I just love that thought and promise he gives to us! :)


Miracles of the Week
Ok so this week was pretty awesome and it was full of miracles!


1. On Tuesday, Sister Mitchell had a training she went to so Sister Glaab and I were alone and I was in charge. That was pretty scary because I still feel like I have a clue as to what I am doing. I am all over the place and I still get nervous to knock doors and stuff. Anyways, that day was amazing because I realized that I can do this and I do have the Spirit with me, touching the hearts of the people all around me.

 We met Melinda who started crying and everything because she said she had been praying for some guidance or something to come along and she knew that we were an answer to her prayers. We met with Savannah again and she has been praying lately. She said she can feel comfort and peace and she is starting to believe in God! Which is amazing because she was a total Atheist when we first met her. We also talked to lots of interesting people and were able to plant seeds and leave peace and joy wherever we went. I am amazed at how much strength and power I am blessed with constantly from the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It is only because of them that I am able to do any of this and I am so incredibly grateful for all of it! :)


2: We went on exchanges on Wednesday down to Greenfield which is a pretty rough city about an hour south of here. There are tons of people on drugs and they have all kinds of other problems. We split off into a duo and a trio and went around visiting people. Even though it was a rough area and I was a little scared, I could feel Heavenly Father's love and protection wherever we went. The members there are also very strong and kind to us missionaries. I guess the big miracle in this instance was I learned to be so much more grateful for the area I am serving in and the fact that I feel safe and protected and we don't deal so much with everyone and their dog being drunk or on drugs. I love my little city of London and our Madison County area we are in.




3. The last and best miracle is Kirstie. She is getting baptized this Saturday at 4:00 P.M. and I am so stoked for her because she is totally ready. We found her a few weeks ago on a day that was really rough. We had met tons of rude people and I was hating tracting. It started pouring rain and right before we headed off to dinner, we knocked on one last house. Kirstie answered the door and she was a little eccentric. I thought she wasn't interested and was beginning to lose faith that there are people being prepared to hear the gospel. Well as we met with her more, she became more interested and I grew to love her and look up to her strength and faith. She is so ready and super excited to go the temple and do family history. 

I am so grateful for the chance to be a part of this experience and to be the instrument in the Lord's hands that helped bring Kirstie to the gospel. She is amazing and I love her so much! I love being a missionary and I know that the Lord truly is preparing people for us to find and teach. Our job is to talk to everyone and be inspired and led by the Spirit to the people that are ready and willing! I love it and I wouldn't rather anywhere else in the world and doing anything else with my time right now than right here in Madison County, Ohio serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength and my whole soul! I love this gospel and I am determined to share it with everyone! :) 



I love and miss you all! But I am lovin life and livin my dreams! :) 

Love always, 
Britni
I am officially obsessed with the sky out here :)

On our exchange-lots of my favorite people out here :)

Sister Mitchell's mom decorates our planners and does an awesome job! :)
What the humidity does to my hair-this is what I look like 90% of the time! :)

Sister Hunger-my new best friend out here in the field and 
future roommate fall semester of 2015 up at USU! :) Can't wait!
Sister Walbeck-our mission grandma



1 comment:

  1. Love your hair - that's what mine does too - only probably worse. The quote is great, and helped me think about what I am doing now - not as showy as teaching, but very important. We do miss you - going to Chicago in the morning, so we will be closer to you anyway. Congratulations on your positive attitude - I do love that. Very proud of you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete